Wednesday 8 February 2012

Modern day kitchen and laminates

-->
When it comes to multitasking, no one can beat women and their ability to do so. The expertise with which women handle office, home, social life, and personal life is commendable. It is strange how women manage to handle all of it and do it all with relative ease and perfection and one question most women come across every often is, how do you really manage to do it all? I have been asked the same a several times and my standard answer is thanks to laminates for making things easier. Confused? Don’t be as I’ll tell you how my life has become easy after I started using laminates.

The most challenging task for me was to manage my kitchen. I love to cook for my family and it is one area where I prefer to be left alone and seek no external help. I don’t like anyone else doing the daily cooking and always prefer doing the kitchen chores myself. Call it some sort of obsessive-compulsive interference or passion; kitchen is my space and I prefer to keep it the way I like. However, this habit of mine really troubled me for years. Given the time and energy spent in the upkeep of modern day kitchens, I was finding it difficult to manage both my work and my family life together. The cleaning and maintenance of my kitchen took longer than preparing a four-course meal and things were really getting on my nerves. I was in a spot and didn’t know if I should do away with my love for my own kitchen or if I should start working part-time. It was indeed a difficult situation and at that juncture, laminates and its offerings like laminate counter top and compact grade laminate, really came to my rescue.

Mine being a modular kitchen, there is a lot of woodwork around and therefore I had to be doubly cautious about using electrical appliances and cooking appliances in my kitchen. As I have already mentioned, I am a cleanliness freak, I just can’t tolerate seeing cracks, blemishes and stains around my kitchen area, and handling these took most of my time. Nevertheless, ever since I started using laminate counter top in my kitchen, cleaning has been fun. Now, I need not fret about directly resting utensils or electrical appliances on the countertop as the laminate used for my countertop is of high-pressure laminate variety that can bear extreme pressure without cracking. I have used compact grade laminate for the chests and shelves. The advantage of using compact grade laminates is that these are deemed germ free laminates and have a unique water resistant property thereby not allowing any water seepage. Now, my kitchen shelves and cupboards last longer than earlier and look clean with no ugly marks and spots on them.

Using laminates for my kitchen has also proved easier on my pocket. My kitchen maintenance costs have drastically dropped. Now I no longer need to keep changing kitchen linens and sheets and countertop polish as laminates have really changed the way my kitchen looks and feels.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics